Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hello, here I am again :)

(refer above)


Blogging in office again, cos I can?








Uhh this is pointless. This isn't what I wanted, man. K maybe I should talk about that today. Why did I take a gap year to work. Yay a proper topic finally! :D :D :D





#1 Dilemma

I was, and still am, torn between science or business. I mentioned in one of my previous posts, so yeah not gonna elaborate much here. I took this gap year to try working in the business field, to see if I'd like it. Because I've never done any business-related kinda stuff. I've done science in SPM
and SAM, and my brother is doing science, so I kinda know how it would be, being in the science field. I hoped that by taking this gap year, I'd be sure of what I want in the end. And not regret about my choice.



#2 Financial matter

I'm no rich kid. My parents ain't professionals like lawyers/doctors/engineers or what shit. They're just workers. They worked really really hard for the family. With nian studying pharmaceuticals in Monash Melbourne now, I know they're financially tighter than ever. I wouldn't wanna add on to their burden. Well its kinda an emotional-sensitive matter. Not so much about this now heh.



#3 My eldest brother

Yeah he's a retard. Hate him to bits. Arrogant, ignorant, brainless cow. Thinks hes so damn great when actually he's just.... Talks. -.- Kept convincing my parents to make me work for a year, so I'll "suffer" and appreciate study more. And his idiotic logic about "working before studying helps you to understand what you're gonna study in uni". Nonsense. Full of shit. If it wasn't because of him, Nian and myself didn't have to take a gap year, man. Sometimes I wish he'd shut up -.- He has no right or whatsoever to compare nian and myself with him. We're on an absolutely, totally, waaaaaaaaaay different kind of scale, man.



#4 Ego

Yeah my ego's high. Super high. My SAM results wasn't good enough to get my dream uni, Melbourne University's scholarship. And I sure am not so rich to enter the uni without the scholarship. So I'll just take the gap year, nobody'd remember (I meant relatives) and ask about my SAM results. Cos you see they usually ask 'where are you studying now' and as long as I say 'oh I'm not studying, am working for a year', they'd be so distracted by the fact that I'm working and wouldn't ask me about SAM or results or uni or what shit. And I also wanted to show Keen and other relatives (who disagreed tothemax and said I'd go astray by taking a gap year) that I can do this and that I'm capable of this gap year thingy.



#5 Money

I need the money. I have so many things that I need and want. I don't wanna be a spoilt brat and ask from daddy mummy. I prefer earning cash myself and spending it the way I want. Pocket money from them wouldn't be enough anyway. Just food and drinks and outings would use it all up. Now that I work, I have my own cash, I could spend it however I want. Without guilt. K maybe with a bit guilt lol. But yeah, C&K heels? Laptop? Shoes? Bags? Purses? Makeup stuff? I can now afford myself. And MELBOURNE. If things go as planned, I should be going to Melbourne by February 2014. That is if no sudden change of plans or shits la. Anyway yeah, nian's graduation, my future in Melbourne! NEED CASH! NEED TO SAVE! I've even planned my expenses for each month. I'm gonna buy one item each month, at the same time save for my laptop and Melbourne air tix too :) :) :) The only bad thing is that, all these saving plans and buying plans would end up with me having not much cash left. And I can't give mummy as I promised. :/









I know some of the above are not exactly decent or, well, right, but that's how it was really. And now, it seems like it's not really...... Legitimate anymore. Dont know if it's the right word to describe. But yeah, I'm not exactly learning A LOT from this working thing. Or maybe it's just this company? It feels like I've already reached the maximum level of learning from this company. Or maybe Ms Khong is just busy. And Kelly needs to take over everything first. What they don't know is I'm not really planning to work THAT long, I'm running out of time. I'm rushing. I need working experience I need to learn and I'm desperate. And the money. Lol this company is paying me the lowest among all 3 companies I was offered with the job. And after my saving and buying plans I don't even have much for my mum.



Does all these make sense..? Do I, myself, make sense? Pfffffft.



































***

On another note, do I still have readers here? Hahaha .___.

No comments:

Post a Comment